watch “In Order to carry a positive action, we must first develop a positive vision.”-Dalai Lama.
go to link Everyone wants to be happy. In order to find happiness we must access our current state of mind. Every moment in our life should be enjoyble. Start by observing our thoughts, do we mostly think happy or sad thoughts. The habit of compulsive negative thinking can be the main source of our unhappiness. Are we really going through tough times or making life tough with our habit of negative thinking. Are we overcritical of ourselves? Do we judge people and situations continually? Does self hatred play a role in our bad mood? At whatever point we are in life ,we can definitely move towards positivity, peace and balance. Just by being conscious of our state of mind can help us out.
- When we feel good or amused we smile. This is a psychological truth that faking a smile can also make us feel good. Therefore make it a point to smile few times a day. Our mood will immediately change.
- Meet and greet people lovingly. Be kind to yourself, friends and strangers. Bearing an attitude of compassion gives rise to happy chemicals in brain.
- Approve of yourself. Forgive yourself of your mistakes. Give up continually judging yourself and others. Affirm many times a day. “I approve of myself.”
- If you are have a negative body image, It is time to let it go. I have seen most perfect and beautiful people hating their body and looks. It is the most self degeating attitude. Accept yourself fully as you are right now, not after you lose 10 kilos or achieving certain goals.”Happiness is not something you postpone for the future, It is something you design for the present.”-Jim Rohn
- Count your blessings. Feeling gratitude can you bring you out of the deepest grief or depression. It is a good idea to keep a gratitude journal and write ten small things you are grateful for. Make it a point to write ten new things everyday. You will feel the result yourself.
- Love yourself. Take good care of yourself.
- Spend time in nature. Appreciate the beauty around -the sunshine, rain, flowers, trees, blue sky and vastness of sea. Gardening is a good hobby if possible for you. It can bring about inner peace. “The best way to pay for a lovely moment is just enjoy it.”-Richard Bach.
- Do some artistic pursuit. Enrol in a art class or do it yourself. Your creations donot have to be perfect but you should enjoy the process.
- Do things for other people’s sake. Doing for others gives us peace and bliss.
- Take care of your health, exercise or yoga are good. Monitor your energy level throughout the day. Find ways to boost your energy. “Happiness is a choice. You can choose to be happy.There is going to be stress in life, but it is your choice that you let it affect you or not.”-Valerie Bertinelli.